Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pottery 102 - Nights 2 and 3

I was late in putting up my blog for night 2, so I decided to just combine them into one update for you! The last two nights have been feverish to say the least. Some of the phrases that come to mind are, "Burning the candle at both ends", "Running around like a chicken with its head cut off" and "Busier than a one armed paper hanger".
Anyway, I have a lot of pieces that were bisque fired a couple of weeks ago and a glaze firing coming up, as well as a few pieces that needed to be trimmed before they dried out too much on me. So two weeks ago I was glazing, trimming, trying to dry out some wet stuff before it was trimmed, glazing some more. Generally running about before time was up.
This week, I trimmed four pieces, and glazed another 5 or 6. It's a little tedious, but I am learning a lot. Also, that means I have more things to glaze and hence, more things to show you very soon! I'm getting a good grasp of the pottery process from beginning to end, and that will be important should I decide I want to do this on my own.
I do have a treat for you this week though, if you can call it that. :) I have taken a couple of pictures of the studio as well as an advance shot of one of my goblets. Check it out!
There you go!
This is a shot of the pottery studio where I take my class, one of the wheel I use, and one of a goblet I made. It has unfired glaze on it, so it may look a little silly, but I promise it's going to be cool. :) I'll be sure to post an after picture of it as well.
That's it for now! Tune in next week for another exciting episode of "As the Wheel Turns"
-J

No comments: