Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pottery 102 - Nights 4 and 5

Woohoo! I have to say that things are going well in Pottery class, and this two week post thing is really shaping up well as things are progressing a little more slowly and I'd have little to say in a once per week post. Anyway, I'll fill you in. I have succeeded in throwing my most technically advanced piece to date. It is taller, more even and straighter than anything I've done thus far. It is trimmed and getting ready to bisque fire. I had quite a few things that came out of the glaze fire, and I thought they looked good for the most part. A couple of little issues, but mostly, I was pleased! I will have pictures this weekend, which I will be posting to my site gallery. I'll update you here with a URL when they're available. So, I feel as though I am making steady progress with my skill. The majority of my progress has to do with the fact that I am not nearly as afraid of the process as I was. Not that I was scared to do anything, but I'm a little more confident in my ability to at least make some kind of vessel. I'm sure I haven't finished my amazingly terrible blunders. I know I have a lot of those left in me. The kind where clay flies from the wheel, coating everyone in a thin coat of slimy brown paste. Alright, I'll go, but within a week, PICTURES OF MY WORK! STAY TUNED!!! -J

No comments: