Monday, July 28, 2008

General Update

Well, There's a lot of stuff going on, and things are going well at the moment. I just decided to do a quick update on a few things to keep both of my readers informed. :)

I'll begin with a quick thanks to God for such a great weekend. I feel like there is a lot I should thank him for that I don't, and I really felt like He gave me this weekend. Michelle and I got to spend a lot of time just hanging out, and we have been so busy for the last month or two that it was a nice change of pace to say the least. We got to do a little shopping and have a nice dinner and just relax.

So I was excited in part because my dad was making a hiking stick for Michelle and we surprised her with it this weekend. Here's a picture of the top:




It has a face carved into it and a bone Celtic Triquetra on the strap. Also her initials and a reference to Proverbs 10:10-14. The surprise went well and she loved it. I found out at the same time that I'm getting one too, but I don't have a picture just yet, because it's not quite ready.

In other news, Michelle and I ran in the park Sunday evening and we pulled off an 8:56 minute mile! That's a new personal best over my previous 9:09! I could've gone further, except we had just eaten and a full stomach is not conducive to endurance while running. Also, I think I have broken my plateau at 198. I am now 197 and still continuing my quest for smaller pants! :)


A little news on the FBC Praise band! We have guitar, vocals, keys, bass and drums lined up and played together for the first time as a group at the 5:30 service at church. I think things went very well! It's a lot of fun to be playing in a band regularly again. I'm enjoying the bass a lot and even though I'm going to have to work up to being good at it, I think it'll be a great time!


Let me see, the last thing I think I have for now is that I ordered a Bento box! If you aren't familiar with Bento, it's a traditional lunch box in Japan. I got one for Michelle this past Christmas and she's been having a lot of fun packing lunches in it. I'll put a picture of my box up here when I get it. Here's Michelle's box:


She has another one in yellow on order as well. Anyway, you can see that the box is way cooler than a typical brown bag. The lunches themselves are works of art! children in Japan take the most fun lunches ever to school! Go to Flickr sometime and search for Bento. Or just on Yahoo or something. you'll find hundreds of pictures! Here's an example.

Ok, so I think that's enough for now. I'll update again soon, once we have our new boxes and everything!

-J

No comments: